We’ve been around for 4.5 years now and it’s high time we rewarded our loyal readers with a refreshed product with improved content, easier navigation, a more attractive layout, a more modern feel and vibrant colours to match.
So we pooled our resources and planned for about three months, spent about three weeks intensively putting the content and design together, and it all culminated in a bash last night where we unveiled a very very very hot looking magazine.
About 120 of you clicked glasses with us and shared feedback on the new look which we are very grateful for. I have to say that a few people whom we really wanted to party with did not receive our email invites (technology will let you down, it’s Murphy’s Law) and I’m sorry about that, and we wish you were there.
The Lighthouse ladiesYou’ll receive your copy in the mail from next week and our phonelines/emails are open so do send us your thoughts on it.
Kudos to my team for the excellent work… it was great learning for all of us eh!
Hey bosses, may we have the rest of the month off? Pretty please?
(Confidential) Guess who don't sue, the joke's on us:
- Did you get a glimpse of Lighthouse’s very own New Paper beauty queen Jacqueline Thibodeaux? From what I noticed, a few members of the opposite sex kept her in close sight all evening.
- Which Marketing mag ace ad sales person had her mother call the office this morning on her behalf as she was hung over and had to stay home?
- Which (same) sales person stayed at the party till 3.30am and kept falling down stairs?
- Which (two) Lighthouse bosses were telling old-man stories towards the end of the night as a result of their getting over-familiar with the sangria?
- Which (two) Lighthouse colleagues showed up at work today in the same glamourous outfits they wore last night?
- Which Lighthouse ad sales person puked into her handbag at Bugis MRT station this morning?
- Which Lighthouse editorial person, also under the effects of sangria, thought she was a diva and kept making dramatic poses all evening?
If you’re wondering why we’re sharing such embarrassing happenings in such a public space, we say, “Come on, share a laugh with us!”