Thursday, August 20, 2009

Football ad feast

I don’t know what it is about football, but the sport lends itself especially to great advertising.

I came across this ad this week by England’s Football Association, to encourage participation.



It’s a great ad and reminded me of a number of good football-related campaigns. This one's from a few years back.



And in my digging I came across a few other gems (a lot from Nike).



This one's proves a nice insight into Wayne Rooney.



And this one is more similar to the first one, and was directed by Guy Ritchie.



To finish up there's always this famous football ad.



I couldn't find the English version but for those who remember the 2002 World Cup it should be familiar. Arguably the world's greatest footballer Pele spruiks an anti-impotence drug, then claims he's never had a problem getting it up. And then there's always this light-hearted gem from the UK for the beer brand John Smith:



So just what is it exactly about football ads? Is it easier to make a good ad about football, because of the subject, or not? Are there any other great football ads you would recommend?

No comments: